A Beginner’s Guide To Chemical Peels
Considering a chemical peel? Good! A chemical peel can make a huge difference in the way your skin feels and looks. Peels are popular, effective and fast. If you are curious to learn more, read on. Dr. LoBuono’s goal is to provide his patients with glowing, more youthful-looking skin, and a peel is just one of the ways he can accomplish this for you.
We offer peels tailored to your unique needs, ranging from mild to strong, including:
- TCA (trichloroacetic acid) for medium-depth peels. Because these peels penetrate deeper, they are usually only performed once.
- Neo-Strata glycolic acid peels, which are made from natural fruit juice acids and vary in strength from 20 to 70 percent. These peels improve skin tone, reduce pores, clear away wrinkles and fine lines, and leave your skin radiant. A series of these peels is recommended.
Our peels achieve the most optimum results possible with the least amount of down time. Each type of peel is different; each is specifically designed to enhance and improve the look and texture of your skin.
Renewing your skin and reviving how you feel about yourself are 2 reasons to schedule a chemical peel. Here are 5 more:
- Increase the production of collagen
- Improve minor acne scars and treat existing acne
- Correct surface aging problems
- Un-clog pores
- Remove sun spots, freckles, and blotches
Your skin will feel warm during your peel; it may also sting or burn slightly. Afterwards, your skin will feel dry and tight, and may be red for an hour or so. Your skin will be sensitive to the sun, so you must be diligent about using a good sunscreen.
Call to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. LoBuono and discuss with him which of the peels we offer would be best for your skin type. You may even want to enhance your peel with another procedure, such as a Botox treatment or a dermal filler. Call, today: (732) 449-0167.